Vocational / Internship Training in DVC
DVC provides short term vocational training to diploma/UG/PG students of different courses in order to provide practical exposure to the candidates and thus preparing them for industry specific jobs. The training is provided at both HQs and DVC projects spread across West Bengal and Jharkhand. The vocational training is mainly provided during the summer and winter season. A small administrative fee is also taken from the students for providing quality short term vocational training to them. Apart from the vocational training, students are also allowed for one-day plant visits.
Process of application for Vocational / Internship Training
- The student can apply for V.T either in the summer season or winter season. The request for training in behalf of the student has to be made by the training & placement officer (or equivalent) of the concerned college/institution. The request letter should be addressed to the respective project head in-case of training at a particular project and addressed to ED(HR) for training at HQs. The request letter should clearly mention the following details:
- Name of college/institution
- Student’s name, current semester/year, course, registration no
- Area of training
- Duration of training
- The concerned project/HQ will issue letters of acceptance in case the training is approved.
- The student should report for training at the specified date along with the acceptance letter.
- The student should submit the requisite fee at the time of reporting at the concerned accounts department along with an indemnity bond.
- The student should behave in a disciplined manner and must comply with the direction of the allotted guide.
- After successful completion of training, the concerned guide will issue training completion certificate.